Sunday, April 19, 2009

The crawfish boil

I guess the gods decided they wanted crawfish because right at 5pm, the heavens cleared and out popped the sun in the middle of a big, beautiful, blue sky! Unfortunately, because the gods took so damn long to come to this conclusion, the roads were still flooded which resulted in lots of cancellations.

Pocket Edward made his social debut at the party. What a good guest he was! He was the talk of the party too.

When we arrived, there was a big, plastic kiddie pool full of um, still ALIVE crawfish. Now, this wasn't my first boil by any means, but they're usually DEAD when I get there. I have to say, I threw up in my mouth a little when I saw this. I like crawfish, shrimp, lobsters, etc., but I don't want to actually see them before hand, or with their heads still attached. I have this aversion to eating things that are looking at me (I'm working on it, but still!).

I think PE was hungry too because he got right in the pool to try some crawfish out. Mountain lion they are not and I really don't think they have much in the way of blood for a vampire to feast on, so Edward gave up on that and decided to be helpful instead.



Once they were cooked, PE picked out a nice one for me. They were still steaming hot, but he didn't seem to mind.


PE even peeled it for me (he's so thoughtful) so I wouldn't have to look in to its beady black eyes!


Like I said, he was most helpful. He even helped pass out jello shots!


People seemed to appreciate his helpfulness and offered him a beer, not realizing that (DUH!) he's a vampire and doesn't drink. But, being a respectful guest and not wanting to hurt any of his new friends' feelings, he did try a sip.


That's about when my friends (and husband) got carried away. There is a VERY NOT NICE picture that I will NOT be posting here involving the garage door opener cord. PE decided it was best to watch the drunks from a safer vantage point from then on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment