Friday, April 24, 2009

So I have this idea...

I'm totally pulling a Carys here (my 6yr old daughter, for those who don't know), but I'm thinking about what to do for my birthday 7 months ahead of time.

Over the weekend, I was trying to get the New Moon countdown gadget to work with the old template (it wouldn't, which is why it only appeared on the blog last night with the new template). Hmmm. Comes out Nov. 20th. My birthday is Nov. 28th. Hmmm. That means my birthday should land on a Saturday (if the movie is indeed coming out on a traditional Friday). I should probably look at a calendar.

So, here's what I'm thinking: if my Twitarded friends can hold off seeing the movie opening weekend... ok, that's probably not a reasonable request. I should be more realistic: if my friends can arrange to have the following Saturday night free, we're totally going to see New Moon (again). We're going all Twi-out here. I've got seven months to figure this out, but afterward, we'll go and have apple martinis or something (Get it? GET IT?)

You guys can help me figure out fun Twilight related stuff to do. Oh, and no stinky boys. Unless you're friends with Rob Pattinson, but rumor has it he can't stand to watch himself on screen, so that might be a hard sell. Also, if you haven't read the series (and this might alienate some of my friends), please, if you love me, you have seven months to get cracking. It only took me a week to read all four and I'm a slow reader. I really don't want someone there who has no idea what's going on or who thinks the whole thing is dumb. Don't rain on my birthday parade.

Stay tuned for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment