Saturday, April 25, 2009

It was the Husband, in the kitchen, with the soccer trophy

Today was going to be a busy day: first, girl scouts and then a birthday party. Girl Scouts was going to be fun, in my eyes, because it's full of Twi-moms. We've all been passing the books between each other. One of the moms was even aware of PE and wanted her picture taken with him.

I get to her house, where the meeting is being held at, and ask her if she's ready for her close-up. I reach in to my purse to get Edward out. No Edward. He's gone. I pull out the ENTIRE contents of my purse. Nope. Not there.

Now, I'm racking my brain trying to remember if I left him on the kitchen table when I was looking for nose spray earlier (ugh, allergies). She's disappointed, but there will be other meetings. This still kinda sucked because I was looking forward to having him pose with the girl scouts. I even wore my "La Push Cliff Diving Team" t-shirt. Sucky, sucky. Oh well. Whatcha gonna do? In the back of my mind, however, I was wondering if my husband might have had a hand in this. No, surely not. I mean, I know he was upset with me this morning, but still. No. Not MY awesome, loving husband!

We left girl scouts and went to a tea party for one of my daughter's friends.

We got home and husband had just finished mowing the lawn. Talked to him for a few minutes about my son's soccer coach and how the Dynamo game went this morning. Come inside and put down my purse on the kitchen table. Hmmm. No Edward. Did I leave him at the office on my desk? I didn't think so. Then I turn around.

There, on the bookshelf, with my soccer-coaching trophy, is Edward!



So, it WAS the husband! Suddenly, I feel like Lauren from "Lauren's Bite." Maybe I should email her?

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I love it - my husband is slowly getting in on the act, too. Or trying. With mixed results. The other day I walked up behind him and put my arms around him and I thought heard him say something - so I ask him repeat, just so I can be sure - and he says "Hold on, spider monkey!" (Ok, I don't want to discourage him but if he ever says that to me again we'll have to talk - lol! HATE that line in the movie & was SO disappointed when I found out that it was R-Patts's choice to ad-lib it - ugh!)

    ReplyDelete